Although chemical treatments may be effective in treating your acne, they can cause more damage than good to your skin. Natural and herbal acne treatments work in harmony and enhance your body’s natural ability to eliminate your acne. You can also make your own home remedies and eat foods that can help clear your skin.
Most of the ingredients are easy to find in local shops. These ten natural treatments for acne are quick and easy to implement into your daily life.
- Eat Zinc. Zinc is an excellent natural acne treatment. Zinc is a mineral that can be found in many foods so it can easily be incorporated into your diet. It helps to keep your testosterone levels in control, so they don’t drop too low. Acne can result if they do. Zinc will help maintain normal hormone levels, heal any inflammation, and flush out any infection. You only need to eat a handful Brazil nuts or pumpkin seeds every day to get all the zinc that you need.
- Use Garlic. This remedy will not only make you smell great, but it will also get rid of your skin in no time. Garlic is a natural remedy that works from the inside, outside, or both. Garlic detoxifies the blood, so that no toxins can enter the body and cause acne. Applying garlic to your skin can help it heal. For best results, eat it three times per week and rub it on your skin at the least twice daily.
- Grate Cucumber. Cucumber is great for your skin. It soothes your skin and draws out impurities. Although your skin may be a little reddened for the first few days, you will soon feel clear. Put it on your face and let it sit for ten minutes. To get rid of the zits, rinse your skin with warm water and a bit of tea tree oil. It’s that simple!
- Wash with Lemons. Add a few drops of lemon juice to warm water and wash your face each morning and night. Lemon juice is a natural anti-bacterial agent that heals skin and counteracts acne-causing bacteria. You may feel like your skin isn’t getting enough goodness. Apply a little natural honey to your face and let it sit for ten minutes each night. You’ll have softened and smoother skin when you get up in the morning.
- Treat with Orange. The natural way to get rid of acne is with orange rind. A little bit of it can be used to draw out impurities and to add Vitamin C to the skin to promote renewal.
- Munch on Rye. Azelaic acid is found in wheat, rye, and barley. Although it sounds scary, it is completely natural and promotes new skin growth. Your old scarred skin will not stop you from looking beautiful after your acne is gone. It can also naturally eliminate bacteria, so eat wholegrain cereals every day to help your acne.
- Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil can be purchased at any good health store, or from general pharmacies. You only need to apply a few drops of tea oil to your skin twice daily. Apply the tea to any areas of acne and let it absorb. Then watch your spots disappear. It reduces inflammation and stops bacteria from spreading. It effectively confines acne to a single area and then quickly clears it up.
- Cranberry juice is a good choice. Cranberry juice is rich in antioxidants, so it detoxifies the body as well as stopping free radicals from attacking the cells. It also prevents aging and purifies the body. What could be more satisfying?
- Green leafy vegetables are a great choice. Because they are rich in Vitamins A and B6, green leafy vegetables are great for fighting acne. These vitamins have been extensively studied and can correct hormone imbalances that can lead to acne. They can also help prevent it from coming back after you’ve gotten rid of it.
- Use peppermint oil. Peppermint oil is great for your skin. Two drops per day on your skin, or a few drops in your bath will make your skin feel energized and radiant within five minutes. It will also help you get rid of your acne within a week. It clears your pores and stimulates the skin, preventing pus buildup. It’s one of our top natural acne remedies.